What can you do for Jesus?

 

Give what is due to the Lord.


On this 23rd of August 2021 as I was in the window of our house and looking at heaven, this question "what can you do for the Lord?" Pop up to my mind. 

I know this question is not just entered my mind to brothered me to this day, but, I think the Holy Spirit did ask me that question.

Honestly, I start thinking what can I do for the Lord? I am a Christian since my childhood and having a relationship with the Lord since I am in the second year of High School. 

Started to be used by God when I was 14, and entered the ministry when I was 24. In this scenario of being a Christian, MAYROON NA NGA BA AKONG NAGAWA PARA SA PANGINOON?

I do remember what Pastor Arman (one of the  Pastors that I considered as my mentor) said: "Lagi mong isipin na wala ka pang nagagawa para sa Panginoon."

 

"WALA PA KONG NAGAGAWA SA PANGINOON."

This is in my mind always when I did something for the Lord. When I am done ministering, sharing the word of God, anything that was for the Lord at the end of the day, I consider things that I've never done.


Is this a bad habit or bad thought or a bad thing that should not be done by a Christian?


I would like to say that I was doing this because I want to acknowledge  these things:

1. I am not who do the work, but the Lord.

2. I want to learn to be humble before the Lord.

3. I want to give God all honor and glory.


I have lots of known Christian today  (well.. they say that they are Christians) asking in social media flatform the questions: "If you are proud of your church, state your POSITION here". To my surprise, many Christians answered the question.

Should we be proud of what position we have in the church? Should we count what we do in the church because of the position we have?

My answer will always be a big N.O. NO!

My fellow believers, whatever position you have in the church, even you are a "known/famous" member in your church because of your position, ALWAYS THINK, "WALA PA AKONG NAGAGAWA PARA SA PANGINOON"


Did I teach you a bad habit and thought to think of? 


If you continue to think the thought that "you did things for the Lord" you will fall on:

1. Being proud of yourself because of things you are capable of.

2. You will feel tired and exhausted easily.

3. You will count every work and turned out to not give what is for the Lord.


Do you like it? Well, may I tell you something, you, we can't remain of what we started if we count all that we did for the Lord. 

How many Christian youths, and elders I've been with and all of them I heard of what they did for the Lord in the ministry and all of them turn their back for the Lord and their thinking "I already did my part", "I am done".


Here's the thing I wrote this blog so we may not fall of what happened to them, instead of thinking of what you've done for the Lord, say these verses:

Psalms. 29:2 "Give unto the Lord the glory due unto His name; worship the Lord in the Lord in the beauty of holiness."

Psalms 115:1 "Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake."

I don't know who you are and what part of the body of Christ you are, but let us be sensitive to what the Lord feels when we get all praises and honor that is due to the Lord.

From this time forth let us ascribe all praises, honor, and glory that is due to the King of kings The Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!


TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Letter for my brethren

I pray that all of us be used by God these days and while the Lord using us I pray, we give Him all the praises, honor, and glory.  

Let the power of the Holy Spirit move us. 

The blood of Jesus Christ covers all of us, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Post a Comment

2 Comments