What is the greatest commandment of God? - Part 2





The greatest commandment of God

 

Mark 12:30“And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.”

This verse is not a plea or request of God to all humankind, but this is actually a command from God to all who lived, to us who are living, and to them who will live. That we must do whether we like it or not.

In part (1) ONE of this article, we tackled the greatest commandment of God. It is LOVING GOD WITH OUR WHOLE HEART.


Now, in this blog, we will continue to discuss the greatest commandment of God.

 

WITH ALL OUR SOUL

We should love the Lord with all our souls. The word Soul here means HEART, MIND, and SOUL. These three are the completeness of a man.


Now, the soul also here means WILL of man.

If we look again at Mark 12:30, we can read that like this: Mark 12:30“And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy will…”


God created men with our own free will. Meaning God never interferes with our own will. He never interludes and says what we should do in our lives.

Although God always doing His ways to reach men, He just always waiting for men to come to Him.

 

WE SHOULD LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL OUR SOUL

Love the Lord with all our will, with all our decision.

No one can decide for us. Yes, we sometimes asked for the opinion of others in particular situations but at the end of that day, our decision stands.

That’s how when we love God, it is not by the opinion of others, not because someone tells us to do so, but because it’s our decision that we make.

 

DO YOU LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR SOUL OR WILL?

Personally, I grew up in a Christian family, but no one pushed me to love God, although my Mom always reminds us that there is God. But she never pushes me to what I should do as a Christian.

All I do right now is because of the decisions that I made.

This is my decision that I should and must love the Lord with all of the whole wills I have.

1. My WILL to serve Him.

2. My WILL to follow Him.

3. My WILL to love Him.

All of these are because of my will or the decisions that I made.

 

 Brethren

What is your will or decision today? Can you love the Lord with all your soul?

Yes, you can! Because we have many reasons to serve, follow; love the Lord with all our souls!

Today, love the Lord not because someone says so, and someone asks and pushes you, but because YOU HAVE THE WILL AND YOU HAVE ALREADY DECIDED ABOUT IT.






TO GOD BE THE GLORY



Letter for my Brethren

I pray that the love of God filled your heart that you might know what God wants in you right now. I plead the blood of Jesus to cover you, in Jesus' name, Amen.


Post a Comment

2 Comments