Psalms 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God.


Wait Upon The Lord.





Psalms 62:5 
"My soul, wait thou only upon God, for my expectation is from him."



WAIT THOU ONLY UPON GOD

Did anyone of you frequently say the word "wait"? Or how often do you say "wait"?

Honestly speaking, I don't like someone saying "wait", especially when there is something that is needed to do. An act of procrastination - A reason for idleness.

WAIT is a word for procrastinating, these are always been used by many people today.  

Did we just misuse this word?

In our text Psalms 62:5 - "wait" here is not procrastination even a reason for idleness, because we're not wasting our time waiting for someone not sure to come, or something that will uncertainty to happen.


GOD NEVER WANTS TO AWAIT - AN ACT OF PROCRASTINATION - A REASON FOR IDLENESS OR LAZINESS.

HOWEVER, GOD JUST WANTS US TO WAIT FOR A SPECIFIC EVENT THAT COULD HAPPEN AND THIS IS THE COMING OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Do you still believe this to happen?

If YES! Then you are one of those who wait only upon the Lord, FOR YOUR EXPECTATION IS FROM HIM.

The word EXPECTATION in this verse means HOPE, LIVE, and THING THAT I LONG FOR.

If we change that sentence it could be like this:

a. My soul… for my hope is from Him.
b. My soul… for my life is from Him.
c. My soul… for that thing I long for.

Looking back to Psalms 62:5, the Psalmist found reasons, why he must wait only upon the Lord and the reasons are the said changed sentences above (a-c).

a. The Psalmist's hope is in the Lord.
b. The Psalmist's life is the Lord.
c. The Psalmist is longing for the Lord.

The reasons of the Psalmist must be the reasons for all of us who are still waiting upon the Lord.

Especially for you, who just forget the Lord and you just forget the Lord is coming because of the things that get your attention nowadays, but now you have many reasons why you should wait only upon the Lord.




Brethren,
There’s no reason(s) why we cannot wait for our Lord Jesus Christ’s coming. All we have are the reasons why we should wait ONLY upon Him.

If Satan speaks to you that the Lord will not come or He will tarry to come, all I can say is SATAN IS ALWAYS A LIAR AND THE FATHER OF ALL LIES!

If the Psalmist waited for the Lord, and he did wait ONLY upon the Lord despite circumstances he faced, we can also do the same, for we have now all the reasons to WAIT for the Lord, and those reasons are enough.

BRETHREN, ALWAYS REMEMBER WAITING ONLY UPON THE LORD IS NOT A WASTE OF TIME.

DO WAIT FOR OUR HOPE, LIFE, AND LONGING FOR, ARE VERY SOON TO COME!


HEBREWS 10:37 
"FOR YET A LITTLE WHILE, AND HE THAT SHALL COME, AND WILL NOT TARRY"




TO GOD BE THE GLORY 
Letter for my Brethren
I pray that no matter what happens in you these last days, those things may not hinder your soul to wait upon God. 
Wait upon Him ONLY.
I plead the blood of Jesus to cover you, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. I will wait for You until my very last breath.. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is worth to wait.
    Brethren, if you have a prayer request you are welcome to sent me via email. selahmomentwithGod@gmail.com or marieate@gmail.com
    To God be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete