I Promise


Promise


Did you ever say " I PROMISE"? What do you feel when someone says "I Promise"? 

If you are the ones who are often said this word, did you do what you have said? Or it is like the wind - that just passes through and forgets? Or it is like the vapor that quickly evaporates? Or it like you've just written it to the water and thinks that there is nothing happens?

Or are we one of them who fulfill this phrase? "Promises are made to be broken".

Well personally, I probably wanted to be surprised rather than someone says "I promise" and it won't happen. Why? When someone promises me, I give my full trust to that person, and expecting what he promises will happen, however, the promise that never happens, the trust that I gave turns into disappointment and untrust.

Do you have the same perception and action when someone says promise to you and never happens? 

In the Philippines, there's a commonly used phrase that has been part of my vocabulary since childhood: "promise, cross my heart and hope to die." It's a phrase often used by kids, including myself, as a way to assure others of our sincerity when making promises.

I realized that these words may not help you gain the trust of your friends. I believe it is better to demonstrate trustworthiness through actions rather than just talking about it. After all, actions speak louder than words.

The Bible also teaches men about promises. Yes, I know God is the only one who says promises and has action. He is not like a man who is a liar. Number 23:19  God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? 

The Lord may not always act immediately, but His promises always come true, regardless of how unbelievable they may seem.

Okay, let me give you examples of these: 

1. God's promise a Saviour that bruised Satan's head. - Genesis 3

2. God's promised Abraham and Sarah to have a son at their old age - Genesis 17

3. God's promise for Israel's captivity and their redemption. - Gen 50:24

4. God's promise to all believers that He will never leave nor forsake us. Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

5. God promises the pouring of the Holy Spirit to all flesh. Joel 2:28-29 and  Acts 2:16-21 


Do you have in mind what other promises of God? Please do comment down below. :) 


Now, there are many promises God made for all His believers. God teaches about promises but I think (I'm speaking as a man) that God never wants men to say promises, we are not allowed to say "I Promise". 

Why? Lying is the nature of all men as the Bible said in Romans 3:4 "God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar..." and in Numbers 23:19

So, we are not allowed to say promise! God wants us just to answer YES IF IT IS YES AND NO IF IT IS NO. Matthew 5:37 "But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil." 

God is not pleased when someone says promise and he will not do it. Ecclesiastes 5:4 "When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed." 


  FOOL AS THE BIBLE DESCRIBED A MAN MADE A VOW AND NOT DOING IT


How many people today are a fool in the sight of God by saying promises but they not doing it?

* They who made their vow in the altar. Traditional marriage vows and they choose to have separate lives when they found that they are not compatible with each other, or the one cheated, and or the one are no longer happy and in love.

* A parent promising something for the child who actually doing tantrums.

* A promise made by couples nowadays.

* Promises made by Christians to God:

        - They are in full-time ministry and choose to quit.

     - They who made promises into prayer especially the words " I will never do that again"

      - They who are in a needy condition and saying: "Lord, give me (something you ask for), and I promise (saying conditions).

* I will do anything you say, I promise.


Do you make any promises? If yes, this is the time that you should be aware of saying promises to anyone because the Bible says in Ecclesiastes 5:5  "Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay." thenEcclesiastes 5:4  When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. 

Your answer must be yes if yes, and no if it is no, more than this is a sin and it comes from evil as Matthew 5:37.



Brethren

As you read this blog, what comes to your mind? Do you remember what you have promised to someone, especially to the Lord?

If you have pending promises to the Lord do it without doubt and hesitation for the Lord waits for you.

From now on be careful about what you will say before the Lord because every time you talk to Him, He has open ears to listen to what you have said, and the angels who are in charge of you will write all you have said. And in the day of judgment, all of what you have said will be presented on you.

Therefore, we need to be careful of what words will come to our mouth, also we need to hear what words that come to our mouth, and more especially thing before you speak!



TO GOD BE THE GLORY




To all my Brethren

I pray your heart to be filled with the love of God that leads you to do what is right before Him. I plead the blood of Jesus to cover you, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord promise me that He will do great and mighty things in me. Since I became a Christian God did a great and mighty things in me, and I believe that He is not yet done in me and so in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord is the Promise Keeper. He will do what He promised, we just need to have a obedient heart. Keep believing brethren!!

    ReplyDelete